Tuesday 17 November 2020

THE LEAD LADY 👠 - LAU 701


The story follows the journey of a young lady. 

I spent majority of my week working on the personality and design of this character. Currently her name is Madison (soon will change) and she leaves her house in the village for a better but harder life. My storyline is constantly changing and I began to worry, I was advised in my tutorials to build my character and drop her in scenarios, from there the story evolve. When I finally finalise my character i’ll introduce her on this blog properly. I’ve practiced several styles for Madisons design, most styles I've tried are unnecessarily complicated.    

Madison concept sketches.

I did some speed drawing exercise over the week to simplify my design. 

Test drawings.

I want my audience to pity the protagonist. In a silent film the only way I can really connect is to create true emotions through clear facial expressions and body movement. I did an exercise from the animators survival guide over the weekend to practice emotions. I honestly think I need more research and practice. 

                                


My current character research has been from my surroundings, bobs burgers and Princess and the frog.

Also now that my story has changed drastically I need to think of something else for the background, using food seems very pointless now. I’m thinking either using it for a scene or for another idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time passing

The film spans over a period of about a year, however seeing that its only a 2 minute film I struggled with making the time passing. My firs...