Friday 18 June 2021

Rotoscoping movements


Rotoscoping: An animation technique in which frames or cels are traced from a live-action movie  - encyclopedia


While creating the scenes I initially relied a lot on rotoscoping each movement, this is because I didn't understand how to properly time and space an action.

below shows a work in progress clip of scene 9 on the timeline where I rotoscoped the movement from a live-action reference of myself.

 

This method worked well for the first 3 scenes I created, it didn't only help me create believable motion where we can see Flora raising her head fearfully before she opens her eyes. Rotoscoping helped me study my performance more closely. 

As a beginning animator, this method is very helpful to begin the animating process. especially in this case where I and the character share similar features, I get to even imitate more nuances in the face.



Issues:

I noticed rotoscoping didn't really provide room for more obscure movement and the method also seemed to be very time-taking.


 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Time passing

The film spans over a period of about a year, however seeing that its only a 2 minute film I struggled with making the time passing. My firs...