Saturday 19 June 2021

final renders 💭

When creating digital art I render each segment of the image in order to be more intentional with toning and creating the shape.

However, my 2-minute film consists of about 7000 frames so that method wouldn't allow me to achieve my style in this short period of time.

Therefore I decided to try a different method by creating a solid silhouette of each movement. Using the cutter too I can loosely paint a neat mask of the right colour over it.

Firstly I had to decide on the appropriate brush and colour to use. That would give the best effect and feel the best.

Brush test; 



I then created a rough planning of the film (video) to test out the chosen rendering style of each scene before application. I decided to abandon the textured brushes and stick to a solid airbrush, this would give the intended style proposed on the module diary.

 In doing this process I even realised areas that could be improved or rearranged in order to tell the story better.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Time passing

The film spans over a period of about a year, however seeing that its only a 2 minute film I struggled with making the time passing. My firs...