Friday 18 June 2021

creating busy backgrounds for scene 1 shot 1

 Scene 1

The vision of scene 1 was rather difficult to achieve because it was harder to act out every action needed. Therefore I decided to try out creative ways to solve this difficulty

I initially adopted this method of smuggling silhouettes of a busy crowd as done on paintings by LS Lowry

                 L.S. Lowry: 'I'm Fed Up With Painting' - ArtReview

To achieve this painterly feeling I decided to use photoshop.



 


I ended up abandoning the lowry method. it was difficult for me to replicate the personality of the place with that method.

So I left the smudges but I created defined character extras and props. 




After creating about 30 drawings of people and animals I used them to populate the scene.


















No comments:

Post a Comment

Time passing

The film spans over a period of about a year, however seeing that its only a 2 minute film I struggled with making the time passing. My firs...