Thursday 3 June 2021

creating the ending Scenes ๐Ÿ’ฌ

 This might be my proudest scene so far...

what worked:

As my skills have been evolving I have noticeably been relying less on my references.

so this sequence below is the ending scenes when Flora returns home to a warm embrace by her mother.


VIDEO ๐Ÿ’ฌ


The rough sketch movement only consists of keyframes and few breakdowns to scale the feeling.

I believe the movement is having more of a cartoony feel to the character. I am most pleased about the stretch I was able to add when the mother moves back to give more emphasis as explained in the illusion of life. This was a problem when rotoscoping because I was guided by realistic actions.



The reason I refer to this as my proudest scene so far is because of creating the ending hug scene. currently, it is still in sketch form but I can already see the personality of a tired young girl and an excited mother. 



What didn't work: 

Its hard to know yet because there is still much refining needed but the main purpose of the sketch movement was to create believable motion so I believe the purpose has been served.


What learning came out of this:

There is less pressure and faster work when the is a prime focus on the action.

How I will apply what I've learnt in the next step:

while creating the characters I focused on one colour section of the character and used colour to separate each. In the next stage, I would focus on one colour group at a time mainly for consistency but also concentrate on the movement and how to make it better.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Time passing

The film spans over a period of about a year, however seeing that its only a 2 minute film I struggled with making the time passing. My firs...