Wednesday 6 January 2021

BACKGROUND CHANGE- The Village ☀


Initially I decided to physically build my backgrounds with paint and cardboard... 


      

                                  fig 1

The rough model shown in (fig 2) was hand painted with acrylic backdrops. 
In this test the smaller boxes were used as houses. I arranged the model and took still images for background testers. I began to realise that I couldn't get the ideal lighting and camera depth, while in lockdown. 

   
                

                                 fig 2

In creating the physical model the proportion were to large for the distance of the camera. I needed to create precise backdrops and smaller models. I then created a rough 3D model on sketch up (fig 3) of the set to guide me with scale. 


                 
fig 3

I used images from the 3D model and created photo montages on photoshop to test if that would be a unique storytelling background. I wasn't happy with the results.  (fig 4) 


                

                                 fig 4

I then decided to return to painting the backgrounds by hand using the model as a guide for proportion and positioning. Then i drew 2d characters over the hand drawing with procreate.



fig 5






No comments:

Post a Comment

Time passing

The film spans over a period of about a year, however seeing that its only a 2 minute film I struggled with making the time passing. My firs...