Friday 8 January 2021

CREATING CHARACTERS 🎭

 I enjoyed creating Characters. Once I finalised my script and storyboard I decided to use this as a premise to study postures and emotions expected by my characters.


Rough story board


As a point of reference I decided to use myself as a key study for turnaround poses. I dressed up as the protagonist of my short film and explored simple shapes on myself.




The result was very fun although I intend for the character to be younger and smaller. Using myself helped me to understand flows in hair and garments and movement within the geometry of a shape.


For more convincing acting I decided to take direct reference expressions from Nollywood films for my main characters.


Flora




The Madam

The same method was used to create sub characters.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Time passing

The film spans over a period of about a year, however seeing that its only a 2 minute film I struggled with making the time passing. My firs...