Monday 1 March 2021

SOURCING SOUND 🎶


The sound is a key aspect of storytelling. Therefore I had to identify what sound was relevant in each scene. Often in film production, certain sound effects are isolated in order to create more impact in a story.

Using my storyboard I identified what sound is needed for each scene in my film.



notes assigning sound to each shot


I sourced some of the sounds by recording my voice and environment using my phone and the rest from a website known as zapsplat

I composed the different sounds on Toonboom storyboard pro and placed it under a very rough animatic to personally understand how to place it on a more refined animatic and final production.
I am currently refining the animatic to make it more understandable to anyone else and practising how to blend the sounds to create smoother sound effects. 


Rough Animatic (Personal)





No comments:

Post a Comment

Time passing

The film spans over a period of about a year, however seeing that its only a 2 minute film I struggled with making the time passing. My firs...